ResolveHR can facilitate tailored training and development for both management and staff within an organisation. Training can generally be categorised in two ways – hard training and soft training. Hard training refers to the compliance and legal training that keeps an organisation ‘safe’, such as training on bullying and harassment or induction policies.
The soft training provided by ResolveHR is commonly referred to as furthering ‘people skills and development’ and includes areas such as communication, leadership, employee engagement, emotional intelligence, motivation, problem solving, teamwork, managing conflicts, work ethic and embracing company values.
Training is usually provided upon request but as ResolveHR works closely with clients, training programs may be suggested if areas of concern or possibilities for improvement are present. ResolveHR implements training in a way that enhances the workforce whilst minimising any disruptions to daily business operations.
How to Build A High Performance Culture
- Elements of what makes a high performing culture
- Identifying risk factors that prevent a high performance culture
- 3 key pillars of leadership that are core to building a high performance
- Why is feedback so important in the workplace?
- How to use effective feedback language
- Exploring the OPE and STARR-A models for giving effective feedback
- What do to when feedback ‘fails’
- Recruiting for values and behaviour
- Understanding the move away from hiring based purely on skills and capabilities
- Tips for recruiting in a hybrid working environment
Having Difficult Conversations
- Where might difficult conversations arise in the workplace?
- What are the barriers to difficult conversations?
- Why might having difficult conversations be an essential part of what you do?
- What are some strategies to help promote a successful interaction
Managing Mental Health in the Workplace
- What is meant by ‘mental health’ and what are your personal legal responsibilities?
- How can you efficiently assess the risks to mental health in the workplace?
- Approaching a worker with confidence about a mental health issue
- Understanding some support options
- Identify elements of the workplace which could be improved to support better mental health
Bullying, Harassment & Discrimination
- Define bullying, harassment and discrimination and its impact on the workplace
- Explore your legal risks and responsibilities
- Identify what to do if it is occurring
- Key elements to a grievance policy
- Understanding the process and some best practice considerations
- Identifying learning and development opportunities for team members
- Considering formal performance management process for underperformance
Managing Conflict in the Workplace
- Exploring the underlying factors that cause conflict
- Understanding different conflict styles
- Setting Ground Rules
- Resolving Conflict
Poor Performance and Terminations
- Explore performance management strategies
- Best practice and process including giving and receiving formal informal feedback
- The legislative framework for terminations and the risks involved
Managing Challenging Behaviours in the Workplace
- Define challenging behaviour and reasons why people behave in challenging ways
- Help you increase your self awareness and identify your triggers
- Focus on strategies to assist you in managing challenging behaviours
Leading Effectively Through Change
- Explore the difference between change and transition
- Identify how people respond to change
- Discuss the role of managers during times of change
- Support managers to adopt a growth mindset as a way of facilitating change
Managing Stress and Improving Resilience
- How to differentiate between pressure and stress
- The importance of self awareness and recognising your own stress symptoms
- What it means to be resilient and how it can help you manage stress
- Core strategies for becoming more resilient
- Where to access further support
Being an Effective Leader
- Leading by Example
- Communicate Effectively
- Empower Your Team
Building Emotional Intelligence
- Practicing Self Awareness
- Developing Empathy
- Communicating Effectively
Attentive Ear: Mastering the Art of Active Listening
- Managing Interruptions and Distractions
- Bringing Awareness to Body Language
- Utilising Open-Ended Questions
- Paraphrasing and Summarising Effectively
Meaningful Performance Review Conversations
- What to Consider when Preparing for Meetings
- Top Tips for Meaningful Discussions
- The Silent Treatment – Considering Reluctant Talkers
Managing psycho social risks in the workplace
- Define psychosocial risks in the workplace
- Identify the types of psychosocial risks that exist
- Outline a process for managing psychosocial risks
- Develop strategies for dealing with employees who present with complaints and sensitive issues
Carmelle’s training on Building a High Performance Culture was transformative for our team, as her expertise and engaging facilitation led to improved teamwork and productivity.
Carmelle’s facilitation of the Managing Conflict and Managing Stress and Burnout trainings equipped us with the tools and confidence to handle challenging workplace situations with professionalism and grace.
Thanks to Carmelle’s effective feedback training, our team has become more receptive and proactive in giving and receiving feedback, leading to greater individual and team growth.